How To Start Your Transformation
Maybe you’re one of those people that is extremely eager to make a change but you’re not exactly sure where to start. Do I try fasting? Do I give up red meat? Do I go full vegan? Do I do 10 hours of cardio a week? Do I commit fully during the week but eat like crap all weekend? There’s a million questions that go into finding the right fit for your body and finding what will work for you. It’s not easy. This is a full lifestyle change. If you’re looking for a quick fix, a Disturbing Comfort plan probably isn’t the right thing for you. It takes dedication, time, and commitment. You have to know when to say no to certain things and when to push your body. Here at Disturbing Comfort, we want to help you start and stay with it for the long run. Keep on reading to see how we can help and how you can start your fitness transformation.
Where Do I Start?
Truthfully, the first way to start is to just do it. We don’t know your current routine so it’s hard to say exactly what that might look like for you. But, we have some pointers that will work for anyone no matter where you are in your journey.
- Get Active: This looks different for everyone and there’s no wrong way to do it (well, you can definitely lift the wrong way so watch some videos first). Some people love HIIT workouts, others love to lift weights. If you’re new to the working out world, maybe you start with some walks at night with your dog and work yourself up to a jog and then you start running. You need to listen to your body and start where you feel comfortable.
- Cut out Excess Sugar: Yeah, I know, but I’m not sorry. Cut out the sodas, the candy, anything containing sugar that you really just don’t need. If you’re a religious Starbucks drinker, switch your order to the ‘skinny’ versions that will cut out some of the sugar and even some of the fat. It’s still possible to enjoy your coffee without all of the excess stuff- it just takes some time to adjust!
- Make A Plan: You can’t just wake up one day and have the perfect routine mapped out (unless you purchase a Disturbing Comfort plan of course). You need to set aside time to look at your week/month and schedule when you will meal prep, workout, and rest. If you don’t plan this out, it’s hard to make it a priority the day of.
- Plan Your Meals: This one is key. When you’re making your plan for the month, schedule the meals you plan to make. This makes it easier when the week comes around because you already have your grocery list ready! With a DC plan, you will get a grocery list and meals planned out for you. So, we can help you with this!
- Prepare Yourself: This can look different for everyone. Make sure you are fully stocked on workout clothes, plastic-ware for meals, etc. If you don’t have these necessary things it’s pretty easy to brush it off and not do it. Get some cute new shoes and matching Tupperware and say hello to the new you!
We would love to help you start your fitness transformation! This is a lifestyle change and we want to make it easier on you. Our easy to follow plans will lay out everything you need to do in order to be successful! Check out the available packages we offer here and start now!
-The DC Family